The Web Design Process
Embarking on a web design project can be intimidating, especially if you are just beginning to
establish an internet presence and have no idea what to expect. We would like to provide you with
an overview of the web design process to clarify what happens every step of the way.
1. Initial Consultation - Contact us to discuss your ideas. You can fill
out the work sheet online, or give us a call and we can walk you through it over the phone. After we
are confident we have heard all of your ideas, we can then send a quote for your consideration. It's
that simple! No pushy sales tactics, no pressure, and absolutely no obligation.
2. Quote - we will send you a no-obligation quote with details of the work
required in proposal format.
3. Contract - If the quote meets with your approval, we will send you a
contract that contains all of the agreed work, prices and payment schedule.
4. Concept Development - At this stage, we will begin to develop
Concepts for your website. Think of the Concepts as rough drafts, or "mockups" of what your website
will look like when it's completed.
5. Content Provisioning - While we are developing concepts, you will
provide us with "copy" (the non-technical term is text) and images that will appear on each page of
6. Concept Selection & Finalization - After the initial Concepts are
designed, we will send you links to view these "mockups" and ask if you would like any changes.
Often times, our clients like one of the designs so much they don't want a single thing changed!
While we hope that is the case with you, you may decide you want to take elements from one design
and mix it with another. We will make revisions as necessary and then ask for Final Approval.
7. Site development - After receiving final approval on the Concept, we
will then begin building the website, incorporating the design and all of the content that you
provided in step 5. During Site Development, all work occurs in a password-protected directory. You
will be given the password and instructions so you will have the opportunity to review and approve the
work in progress.
8. Pre-launch Evaluation - After the site is built, you will be able to
view all pages to make sure everything is exactly how you want it. You will submit any desired
changes to the copy give final approval before the site goes live.
9. Launch Website - After final approval and payment have been received,
your website will be published on your domain, and it
will be live for the world to see!
10. Ongoing Support - Once the website is launched, we will then begin
submitting your website to search engines so that your new internet presence can easily be found.
Depending on the terms of your contract, additional support may be provided, such as website
maintenance and marketing campaigns.
Our support doesn't end when your website is completed-- we have an "open-door" policy so that you
can call us at any time with questions or concerns and receive fast, friendly support.
If you are still unclear about the process or have questions that were not answered here, feel free
to contact us.
Note: We have a far more detailed Web Design Process document that we will provide to you
after hiring us to develop your website.